Derryhiveny Castle, in County Galway, is an example of an Irish tower house, of which some 2,000 were built between the early 15th and 17th centuries. Derryhiveny was built in 1643 by Daniel O’Madden, among the last tower houses built. The walls of the tower house have several defensive slits and there is a small round musket loop in the south wall. The tower house is partly surrounded by a defensive wall called a bawn. The word is the anglicized term for the Irish word bábhún, which probably means a “cattle-enclosure.” The bawn also encloses an outbuilding or shed. The entire castle is made from paper (cardstock) onto which the files may be printed, cut out and assembled.